Sunday 14 February 2016

BAFTA - Leonardo Na Only You Waka Come



 Leonardo DiCaprio  picked up the top acting prizes at this year's BAFTA Awards while The Revenant was named Best Film.
Following on from his Golden Globes and SAG wins, DiCaprio was named Best Actor for his role in The Revenant during Sunday night's ceremony at the Royal Opera House.
After thanking a host of British stars including Gary Oldman, Daniel Day Lewis and Tom Hardy, he said:
“I would not be standing up here if it weren't for this person. I did not grow up in a life of privilege.
"This woman drove me three hours a day to a different school to show me a different opportunity. Mum, happy birthday. I love you very much."
BAFTA kiss cam Dame Maggie Smith and Leonardo DiCaprio
Larson, who couldn't attend the ceremony due to filming commitments, was named Best Actress for her role in Room.
Kate Winslet picked up the award for Best Supporting Actress for her role in Danny Boyle's Steve Jobs, telling the crowd what an amazing year it's been for women in film.
“It's been an extraordinary year for women and I feel so proud to stand alongside you. I really am quite overwhelmed,” she said.

While Mad Max: Fury Road didn't win any acting gongs, it picked up the most awards of the night in categories including Costume Design and Editing.
Star Wars: The Force Awakens actor John Boyega was named this year's EE Rising Star, accepting the prize from last year's winner Jack O'Connell.
“I want to thank God for this moment and a big thank you to Bafta for this amazing opportunity. Guys, I haven't been doing this for a long time. It's a fluke,” he modestly told the crowd.
He added: “I'm going to share this award with all the young dreamers who are determined, hard-working and quite frankly amazing. This is for you.”
Australian comic Rebel Wilson brought the house down with her hilarious speech before presenting the Best Supporting Actor award.
“Idris Elba you're making me nervous but I'm sociologically programmed to want chocolate on Valentine's Day,” she joked.
Mark Rylance went on to pick up the award, collected on his behalf by Steven Spielberg as he's currently performing on Broadway.
Sidney Poitier, 88, was awarded this year's Bafta Fellowship, introduced by stars including Noel Clarke, Oprah Winfrey and Jamie Foxx.

No comments:

Post a Comment